OrdersTracker lets you organize the menu items under different categories. You can create as many categories as required based on the menu items. This feature helps you find a menu item easily by accessing the relevant category. For example, if all pizza types are organised under the “Pizza” category, you can easily order your desired pizza type by accessing the “Pizza” Category.
The process for creating a product category is as follows:
- Tap in the Top Bar.
A popup menu displays.
- From the popup menu, tap Master Data.
- Under Master Data, tap Menu.
The list of the existing menu categories displays.
- Tap Add Category to add new menu category.
A dialog displays where you have to specify certain parameters to add a new category. This dialog consists of the following tabs: Basics, Portions, Extras, Side Dishes.
- Specify the following parameters under these tabs:
This tab lets you specify the basic parameters, such as Name, Description, Tax, Image in order to add a menu category.
The details of the parameters available in this tab are as follows:
- Name: Specifies the name of the category. For example, if you are adding a category to organize pizza types, you can specify the name to Pizza. This field is mandatory.
- Description: Specifies the description of a menu category. The category description will be available to customers while accessing the menu for self-ordering. It helps the customers to decide their order.
- Tax: Lets you specify the tax to be applied to all the menu items belonging to this category. For example, if you specify value as “10” for the Pizza category then it means that 10% tax will be applied to all pizza items available under Pizza category.
If you do not specify any tax value then the tax will be calculated on the basis of the general tax value specified in the POS settings.
- Should products under this category be set as served, after they are ordered: Enable this option if you want all items under the category be set as served as soon as they are ordered. By default, this option is disabled.
- Picture: Lets you upload an image to be used as a cover picture for the menu category. To upload an image:
Tap Click here to Upload Files under Picture.
Browse and select the desired image from the gallery.
|The width of the selected image should be much more than its height to get the optimal resolution.|
This section lets you define the portions sizes to be available for the menu items under the category. A portion can be small, medium, large, etc. based on your requirements. The portion defined here will be applicable to all menu items underneath the category. For example, if you want to offer only small and medium portions for all pizza types, you can define “Medium” and “Small” portions for the “Pizza” category.
To define portions for a menu category:
- Under Portion field, type the portion name as required and tap .
For example, if you want to add a large portion, type “Large”.
The specified portion adds.
Use the above step to add as many portions as required.
You can also delete an existing portion. To do so please tap for the portion you want to delete.
The selected portion is deleted.
This section lets you define extras to be added for the menu items under the category. For example, you can add Pepperoni, Mushrooms, etc. as extras for a pizza category. The extras defined here will be applicable to all menu items under the category.
To add extras for a menu category:
- Under Name field, specify the name of the extra item to be added. For example, Mushrooms.
- Under the Price field, specify a price for the extra item if required. This field is optional.
- After specifying the above parameters, tap .
The extra item is added under the Available Extras.
Use the above steps to add as many extras as required.
You can also delete an extra item. Tap for the extra item you want to delete.
This section lets you define the side dishes to be served along with the menu items under the category. For example, you can define “French fries” as a side dish to be served along with all pizza types. The side dishes defined here will be applicable to all menu items under the category.
To add side dishes for a menu category:
- Under the Name field, specify the name of the side dish to be added. For example, French Fries.
- Under the Price field, specify a price for the side dish if required. This field is optional.
- After specifying the above parameters, tap .
The side dish is added under the Available Side Dishes.
Use the above steps to add as many side dishes as required.
You can also delete an existing side dish. To do so: Tap for the side dish you want to delete. The side dish is deleted.
After specifying all the required parameters, tap Save.
The menu category adds. You can add menu items under it as required.